Complicated day. We collected a new queen from Janne for hive #7 but when we went through the hive yesterday evening we found a nice, big healthy queen in there. No idea where she had been hiding all the time. Grrr... It means we bought a new queen for nothing. We had to think on our feet... didn't really want to kill any of the existing queens as the hives all seemed to be functioning well.
In the end we rebuilt #9 hive and put the new queen in there. We had enough nice frames with larvae and food for her to get started. However, to prevent robbers coming in for the food, or any kind of desertion, we decided to take #9 hive up to the farmhouse. So, about 1km away (maybe a bit less) from the current hive location, on the far side of the pond.
Peter got stung several times in the process, the bees are quite aggressive right now, they don't want anyone going into their hives and taking away their food before the winter!